Have you noticed purple / bluish web-like veins near the surface of your skin?
These types of veins may be what is know as spider veins, and although usually benign in nature, spider veins may actually be a sign of an underline vein condition known as chronic venous insufficiency (CVI).
Spider Vein Treatment Litchfield Park AZ
Did you know that over 30,000,000 people in America have undiagnosed vein disease? Even more astounding, is that only 1.5% of these people actually receive treatment.
- Spider veins are a very treatable condition
If you have spider veins in your legs and bulging varicose veins possibly accompany them, you need to stop ignoring the problem and consider getting an ultrasound to make sure your condition is not worse than expected.
In this article, we are going to look at the following:
- The causes of spider veins
- Risk factors that lead to their development
- Types of treatment
- Benefits of getting the treatment
What Are Spider Veins?
Spider veins are tiny and thin blood vessels, which have a blue/purple color. They are found near the surface of your skin, and they are quite visible to the naked eye.
What Do They Look Like?
Spider veins have a shape that looks like spider webs, and that is where they get their name. Here are the signs and symptoms that you have the problem:
- Small thin veins that are close to the surface of the skin
- Blue or purple in color
- Web-like appearance closely resembling a “spider web”
- You may have a few or many spider veins over your body
Where They Appear On The Body?
Usually harmless, spider veins may be a sign of significant problems related to the blood circulation in your body. They can appear on your thighs and other parts of your leg like the calf muscles and the feet.
What Causes Spider Veins?
Spider veins can pop up when the valves inside the veins stop working. The veins are responsible for carrying the blood back to the heart for recirculation. If the valves stop working correctly, the blood flows backward, causing it to pool in the veins. The veins start to bulge, and they end up looking twisted.
When the veins become flooded, they start to cause the veins to leak the blood into branching out capillaries, which essentially become spider veins.
The Risk Factors Leading to Spider Veins
Several factors can lead to varicose veins and as a result, spider veins. Understanding them will help you better decide why you should opt to get spider vein treatment in Arizona.
- One of the primary factors is age. As you grow older, the veins undergo excessive wear and tear. Eventually, the valves in the veins and the vein walls become so damaged that some of the blood starts flowing backward. The blood begins to collect, and it gradually branches out, leading to spider veins.
- Of the two sexes, women are more likely to develop varicose veins and spider veins. Hormonal changes due to pregnancy, menopause, and menstruation can relax the vein walls and cause the blood to flow back.
- Family history is also a prominent reason for varicose veins and spider veins.
- Obesity causes additional stress on the blood vessels, which can damage them to the point where they stop working.
- Spider veins can be a symptom of an underlying venous disease.
Spider Vein Treatment Near You in Litchfield Park AZ
There are different spider vein treatments in Arizona that you can opt for, after consulting with your doctor. Here is a look at some of the best options you can consider:
- Sclerotherapy: It is the single most effective spider vein treatment in Arizona. The doctor injects a liquid agent consisting of fatty acids, salt, and glycerin, which collapses the vein.
- Laser Therapy: Another popular spider vein treatment in Arizona is laser therapy. The doctor injects a fiber light into the vein to heat it and make it disappear.
- Foam Sclerotherapy: Foam is injected into the veins in this spider vein treatment in Arizona. The foam collapses the diseased veins and makes them disappear.
Spider Vein Removal Arizona
Treatment for spider vein treatment is not as daunting as you think. Since spider veins are near the surface of the skin, treatment is minimally invasive. You will either undergo small injections, or the vein doctor will perform laser therapy on your veins to make them disappear.
Benefits of Getting Spider Vein Treatment in Litchfield Pakr
There are several benefits that you stand to gain from getting spider vein treatment in Arizona including:
- Greater confidence in your appearance
- Proper diagnosis to rule out chronic venous insufficiency
- Smooth appearance of your skin
Are There Any Side Effects of Spider Vein Treatment in Surprise Arizona?
There are slight side effects you may experience when you get spider vein treatment in Arizona, which include:
- Temporary swelling
- Pain from injection
- Superficial thrombophlebitis
Spider veins are a common symptom of venous disease, and you should not ignore the signs. It is a good idea to seek consultation and proper treatment for it after considering all the facts about spider veins and spider vein treatment in Litchfield Park Arizona. The side effects are minor issues, which do not compare to the long-term benefits of getting the issue resolved.
Dr. Ryan Jones is a board-certified surgeon who can help you identify the extent of the problem and understand the best course of treatment for it. Getting a consultation with him is easy! Most importantly, it will allow you to properly understand the problem and determine the best course of treatment for it.